Wednesday 28 September 2016

LO2, Task 5: inspiration

LET IT BE - a film by bertie gilbert (2016) (https://youtu.be/oSwItKu2Qz8)

A story about what happens when a broken relationship come face-to-face with death. The character 'Death' isn't what people would imagine her to be like, which inspired my short film. the editing is also really simple but becasue it's a interesting story, it fits really well
 
BOY short film (https://youtu.be/oSwItKu2Qz8)


a story about a transgender boy and how his mother didn't accept it. It shows how he tried to to run away from confrontation but then realized that that he was happy a boy and it doesn’t matter what people thought, he finally confronted his mom and the mom at first got angery but then slowly realized that it was the best for her son’s happiness. This storyline helped me a lot with coming up with my short film because I wanted to show the fear someone has for who they are and people not accepting them. then the people around them start to accept who people are even though they aren’t like them.

I’m beautiful short film (https://youtu.be/8jnWjkmSHRE)


Anther film that inspired me is one called ‘I’m beautiful’, it’s about a girl who shows what she has to do to fit what society thinks is beautiful, she starts with naming her perfections then going on to having surgery and all the unhealthy ways to be beautiful that she would have to go through just so someone wouldn’t call her ugly. In my short film I wanted to show what the character had to go through so that he wouldn’t be looked at differently. 

Cardbored boy


Cardboard boy's strong narrative inspired me to create a strong ending to my short film. The story about a little boy named Jamie creates a cardboard toy of his brother who recently passed away, it was a way to deal with his older brothers lost, he saw the box as his brother and would play and eat with it, this dad wasn't happy with what he was doing leading him to get rid of it and getting in a fight with his wife. The next day Jamie was outside playing with his brother box when a car came speeding past knocking the box. They bared the box and this way Jamie came to facts that his brother was gone. Jamie dealt with his situation in his own way but it didn't please everyone around him, in the end they came to facts with it and realized it was the best for him. With my short film I wanted to talk about how someone’s life style that is mostly hated and if the film is successful it would change that group of peoples mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment